Thursday 3 February 2011

"THE CAT'S TAIL" Copyright Sue February 1st 2011

Tibbles sits on a rail,
and looks at Tarquin's fluffy tail,
"Why" he mewed, "is mine so thin?"
and Tarquin answered with a grin -

"Because I'm a bigger cat than you,
when I was young I grew and grew,
you should have eaten more Kitekat,
maybe then your tail would be less flat."

Tibbles in the bush did lurk,
Tarquin hissed with a smirk -
"At least your tail won't get in the way
should you ever catch some prey."

Tibbles thought "I'll teach that jumped-up mog,"
amongst the undergrowth he slogged,
obtained many a seagull feather,
and patiently wound them all together.

Next morn on the fence he proudly sat,
waiting for that poncey cat,
waving new grey bushy tail,
"I'm impressed," said Mr Snail.

Tarquin looked jealous when he came,
his own tail shrivelled by the rain;
Tibbles' secret would never be heard,
but he quietly blessed that big seabird.

No comments: