Tuesday 6 September 2011

A Favour Copyright Sue 6th September 2011

The neighbours came on bended knee ,
to Bermuda they must flee -
we only have six cats , no fuss ,
please do this job for both of us .

Easy I thought it would be
so stupidly I did agree -
but a further problem reared its head ,
to Cleo pills must be fed .

A large tablet twice a day
down her throat should make its way :
so I would be free from harm
with a plunger I was armed .

Under the fridge I had to crawl ,
barely reached the cat at all ,
the pill covered now with spit ,
gingerly I grabbed for it .

Towards the cat I did lunge
with the dropper then to plunge
the pill flew through the air
and the cat it wasn't there .

Every day I had this farce ,
a complete pain in the ****
blue collar lost in our fight
my scratched arm quite a sight .

Every time a different place
ejected pills I had to face ,
the mog I swear she laughed at me
scrabbling around on one knee .

Under the furniture I did go
discovered things I shouldn't know
sights I'd rather not have seen
much dust and dirt in between .

I really cursed that wretched cat
who could escape in seconds flat ,
but they'd return from foreign lands
with a decent present in their hands .

All I got was a stupid hat
and I felt a total prat -
for Cleo's collar it is red
so to the wrong cat the pills I'd fed !

No comments: